Sunday, March 29, 2009

Steen: Good Morning


03.29.09.

Today is a gorgeous morning. I am sitting out on our porch at Kolping, looking out towards Lake Victoria and watching some birds flapping in the back garden. The sky is filled with today, a stark contrast to the last several days of blistering sun, and I typically dislike cloudy days, but this one is still rather pleasant as there was a satisfying thunderstorm this morning that nourished the ground and when I look out over the horizon, the sky is a yellowish-white as if the sun will emerge soon. The temperature is probably low seventies Fahrenheit with a gentle breeze. I can hear a variety of birds chirping and as it is now about 8:40am, I can hear singing in Swahili from the chapel upstairs; service starts at 8am on Sundays.

I don't have a picture of this morning, but here's another one of our view at sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment